Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
GiuseppeC Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Error Access Fortify SCA for Python"

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I get this kind of error:
"[error]: Your license does not allow access to Fortify SCA for Python" 

I m using 18.10 and 18.20 fortify version.
I don't have python Code licence and I don't have any Python code inside the project.

Thank alot.
Giuseppe

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
umarkhalid123 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Error Access Fortify SCA for Python"

Jump to solution

This is a well known issue that should be fixed in the upcoming releases the workaround is to disable Python scanning from SCA which will in turn solve the issue which you are experiencing. I experienced it as well.
In order to disable the Python language from SCA, please follow the instructions below:
1. Browse to /SCA_install_directory/Core/config/
2. Locate fortify.properties
3. Open it with notepad or any other text editor
4. Add the following string at the end of file: com.fortify.sca.DISabledLanguages=python
5. Save the file

View solution in original post

3 Replies
umarkhalid123 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

This is a well known issue that should be fixed in the upcoming releases the workaround is to disable Python scanning from SCA which will in turn solve the issue which you are experiencing. I experienced it as well.
In order to disable the Python language from SCA, please follow the instructions below:
1. Browse to /SCA_install_directory/Core/config/
2. Locate fortify.properties
3. Open it with notepad or any other text editor
4. Add the following string at the end of file: com.fortify.sca.DISabledLanguages=python
5. Save the file

View solution in original post

GiuseppeC Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank Alot

Giuseppe

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.. Ed Macke Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution

FYI, I believe the file in Step 2 needs to be "fortify-sca.properties".

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.