Highlighted
cdelucia1
Senior Member.

Error: Uploading an older SCA fpr than the previous SCA fpr in Fortify SSC

I wanted to see how SSC handles different versions of SCA. I uploaded a project's fpr file scanned on SCA v17.10 and then uploaded a fpr generated by SCA v4.10 to SSC (same project). The error you get is: 

Exception: The SCA engine version of the uploaded scan (6.21.0005) is older than the most recent SCA engine version for this project version (17.10.0156). Please download the current project file. Open the FPR that you intended to upload in Audit Workbench and migrate it to the downloaded FPR. Save the FPR and upload it again.

I don't really understand what "migrate it to the downloaded FPR". Can someone tell me the steps I need to take to fix this problem? Thank you.

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Visitor.. jwright
Visitor..

Re: Error: Uploading an older SCA fpr than the previous SCA fpr in Fortify SSC

Anyone want to answer this.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Error: Uploading an older SCA fpr than the previous SCA fpr in Fortify SSC

Good day cdelucia1,

The SSC RULE

1. You SSC Version  Instance should be the most current version. 

Do not create SCA 18.20 FPRs and try to load to SSC Version 4.x. 16.x or 17.x

2. If you load a project with a series of FPR's the must be done in Version Sequence.

NOTE: SCAN 6.21.0004 is SCA 4.21 (old number schema) 'Very old'

Example 1:

You can load 4.21 then 17.10, but you can 'not' load in reverse.  17.10 then 4.21

Example 2:  you can load 17.10 and then 18.10 and then 18 20,  but the Project will not accept 17.10 and 18.10 after the last 18.20 upload.  The project is locked at 18.20.   If the next FPR is 19.10. The project will be locked at 19.10 after upload.  Now 18.20 is locked out.

Best, Paul

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.