Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Fail to deploy war file in Tomcat for Fortify SSC version 18.1

I have some problem installing the Fortify SSC  for version 18.1 as I have tried to upload ssc.war file into Apache Tomcat Localhost:8080 inside manager app and this error kept poping up, may I check with you if I miss any crucial steps ? 

I am using Microfocus partner software & license and I downloaded Apache Tomcat version 8.0.53 below is the error page and some basic things I done...

*reinstall Apache tomcat 8.0.53
*Setup password & username for localhost.
*Remove anti virus for web protection.
*Uploaded a sample war file sucessfully to localhost:8080
*Redownloaded SSC.zip from Microfocus partner software and upload to localhost(unsucessful)
*check uploaded war file is within file upload size.

Capture1.1.PNG

uploading ssc.war file

Capture1.2.PNGerr_connection was reset.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

SSC version 18.10 requires Tomcat 8.5, so I would first upgrade your Tomcat version.

Make sure you apply the required settings to that new Tomcat install, the most important of which is the maximum heap size, which needs to be a minimum of 4GB.

Then, rather than using the manager app, just try putting the ssc.war in the webapps folder of your Tomcat install. It could be failing due to the size of the WAR.

-Josh
Fortify L3 Support Engineer

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.