TysonHoffman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Fortify 16.20 now failing to Translate C# project

We've been using Fortify for 2 years now, and have a pretty decent pipeline including build automation for our Fortify scans.  With the release of 16.20, one of our projects is now failing on the translation step, and I can't find why.  When running the sourceanalzer command:

sourceanalyzer -64 -Xmx5200M -Xms600M -Xss24M -b ESB devenv .\Esb.sln /REBUILD Release

I get the following error on our webbased api project:

Running: TRANSLATE : "-64" "-Xmx5200M" "-Xms600M" "-Xss24M" -dotnet-version 4.5 @"C:\Users\Tyson.hoffman\AppData\Local\Fortify\VS-14.0-16.20\Esb\Esb.
Api_Build.txt"

[error]: Translator execution failed. Please consult the Troubleshooting section of the User Manual.

Translator returned status -2147467261:

DOTNET-DEBUG: Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I can't find any additional information to tell me why it failed.  Does anyone know where I can find log files, error code information, etc??

Assistance is much appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Established Member.. holysheetman
Established Member..

Re: Fortify 16.20 now failing to Translate C# project

Add "-verbose -debug -logfile C:\whatever.log" and then use whatever log viewer (I use baretail) to tail the logs as they're written to the file. 

Find "Fortify Static Code Analyzer 6.21.0005" or whatever SCA version you are running, then review the logs before and after that for errors.

Look for where or if it exits inadvertently...

Post your findings from the log file.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.