Highlighted
Visitor.

Fortify JDK10

Jump to solution

Oracle Java version Status: 8 public updates until January 2019, java 9 not supported anymore, java 10 public updates until September 2018, java 11 count down Countdown to Java 11 Release Date => it's time to move
Fortify status (translate):

Java/Java EE Option: -source <version> | -jdk <version>

Description: Indicates the JDK version for which the Java code is written. The valid values for <version> are 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, and 1.9. The default is 1.8. Equivalent property name: com.fortify.sca.JdkVersion

So: regarding the documentation, Fortify is not compatible if you migrate to version > 9 (and use the new feature). Any update about that(feature release?)?

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..
The latest release of Fortify (19.1.0) supports JDK11.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Good day Adiosss,

You are correct SSC System Requirements confirm JDK 9 and JDK 10 are not supported.  Future release plans are not available.

The current System Requirements can be located here on the web.

https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/fortify-static-code-analyzer-and-tools/1810/Fortify_Sys_Reqs_Help_18.10/index.htm

Best- Paul - Atlanta

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hello,

Can you please provide an update on support timeline for JDK 10 or 11? Java 8 and 11 are the only versions not past end-of-life per Oracle. This is becoming a pain point for US Air Force software development activities. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..
The latest release of Fortify (19.1.0) supports JDK11.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

can we use Open JDK in stead of Java8 for fortify SSC?

Thanks,

Anil.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Member..
Member..

I was able to run the sourceanalyzer tool using openjdk-11.  But were you actually able to get SSC running on a Java 11 (openjdk?) system?  I spent several days trying to get it to install and initialize, but eventually retreated to Java 8 to get the underlying MySQL database to seed properly.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

I have upgraded to Fortify SCA 19.10, but the JDK 10 / 11 still isn't available in the Scan Wizard or the Audit Workbench

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..
In this case please check if java 10 and 11 are installed in your system where you have installed Fortify SCA 19.10
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

I am seeing the same issue.  I have openjdk11 installed on my local machine and set version to11  when running sourceanalyzer and I still see that java 1.8.0_181 is being used.   That is the jre that is included in my install.   How do I set the JRE to be java 11.  Is there a FORTIFY_JAVA_HOME variable or something like that I can use?  I do have my JAVA_HOME set to jdk 11.

export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-11.0.3.jdk/Contents/Home

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

I managed to resolve this issue. Once the .bat file (e.g. FortifyProject.bat) has been generated from the Scan Wizard,  edit it and look for the lines like below :

If Java 1.8 is selected, you should see
   REM ARGS "-source"
   REM ARGS "1.8"
Update to below, if you want to use Java 11
   REM ARGS "-source"
   REM ARGS "11"
Save the script and have them run the script.

This will let Fortify choose the appropriate java version during translation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

We have to distinguish 2 different situations here

a) you want to scan code written in Java 11 (or another version)

Using -source or -jdk is the correct parameter here

b) you want to run SCA on Java 11

That is currently not supported as written in System Requirements

Micro Focus Fortify Static Code Analyzer requires Java 8. The Fortify SCA and Applications installer

installs OpenJDK/JRE 1.8.0_181.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't realize that there was a difference in the 2 situations.  I just saw that the tool was stating that it was using java 8 in the log file and showing that the source flag was set to  11.   

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.