Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. aox Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Fortify SCA and its included jre - Oracle Licensing Change

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is there a way to use the system default JRE for fortify SCA, instead of the one that comes with it? Additionally, can we delete the JRE that comes with SCA without affecting it (assuming part one is done)?

Oracle have now changed their licensing agreement, and will be charging for installs. We are currently going through trying to remove any jdks / jres that aren't necessary.

Cheers.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Valued Contributor..

Re: Fortify SCA and its included jre - Oracle Licensing Change

Jump to solution

Thanks Karene,

I contacted support, and it appears that as long as you update the following line in the bat file:

set JAVA_CMD=%FORTIFY_HOME%\jre\bin\java.exe

to point to the instance of java you want to use, then it should work :)

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

What version of SCA are you using? The system requirements document for version 18.10 and later states that SCA includes OpenJDK/JRE.

Karene

0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Karene,

Thanks for that info, very helpful! We are using 17.20

Is it still possible to switch to the system default install though (disregarding licensing)? We are trying to keep our servers to one install where possible for maintenance and patching.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, I do not have an answer to that question. I suggest you please check with Customer Support.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Karene,

I contacted support, and it appears that as long as you update the following line in the bat file:

set JAVA_CMD=%FORTIFY_HOME%\jre\bin\java.exe

to point to the instance of java you want to use, then it should work :)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.