Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Fortify SCA internal error

I get: 

[2018-10-12 19:52:40.355 Thread-29 SEVERE 1043]
An internal error has occurred. Please contact Fortify Support with reference code 1043. Bugcheck data will be saved to the logfile, if specified. Fortify Static Code Analyzer will attempt to recover from this error, though results may be incomplete.

This is the STDOUT and what's contained in the log (several hundred times). What is it, how do I fix it? I am using 18.10 against a Java project.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello!

One of the Fortify Product Managers told me as follows:

The criticality is made by Impact and likelihood

Impact and Likelihood are deriving beside others from confidence and severity

You can find these values at the bottom of the detailed description of a Vulnerability. They are calculated during the scan by various parameter which can lead to the same vulnerability category, depending on different factors will have different criticalities. 

On top of that it is possible to generate customized filtersets which can change that and are dependent on your companies implementation.

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.