Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Fortify SSC text mode installation error

Hi,

I am trying to install Fortify SSC in text mode. As per the guide I am able to execute Command #1 successfully. When I run the Command #2 I am seeing below error

Command 1:

/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_91/bin/java -jar ssc-configuration-wizard.jar -automationMode -war ssc.war -jdbcDriver /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java-5.1.17.jar -license /grid/0/fortify/HP-Fortify-Server-WAR/fortify.license -loadfrom dataSource.properties -loadfrom ssc.properties

Command 2:

/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_91/bin/java -jar ssc-configuration-wizard.jar -automationMode -war ssc.war -bundle ssc-mybundle.zip -bundle ssc-mybundle-2.zip

Error:

Loading Configuration of WAR

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=128M; support was removed in 8.0

Seeding database...

com.fortify.manager.exception.FMDALGeneralException: An unexpected error occurred.

at com.fortify.manager.DAL.support.FMDALExceptionTranslationInterceptor.translateException(FMDALExceptionTranslationInterceptor.java:63)

at com.fortify.manager.DAL.support.FMDALExceptionTranslationInterceptor.aroundRepositoryMethod(FMDALExceptionTranslationInterceptor.java:35)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethodWithGivenArgs(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:621)

at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethod(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:610)

at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJAroundAdvice.invoke(AspectJAroundAdvice.java:65)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:161)

at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.proceedWithInvocation(TransactionInterceptor.java:96)

at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.invokeWithinTransaction(TransactionAspectSupport.java:260)

at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:94)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)

at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:91)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(CglibAopProxy.java:633)

at com.fortify.manager.DAL.impl.ProjectTemplateManagerImpl$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$e5b267a8.getAllProjectTemplates(<generated>)

at com.fortify.manager.BLL.impl.ProjectTemplateBLLImpl.getProjectTemplatesForMigration(ProjectTemplateBLLImpl.java:133)

at com.fortify.manager.BLL.impl.ProjectTemplateBLLImpl$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$e09d5e26.invoke(<generated>)

at org.springframework.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:204)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(CglibAopProxy.java:700)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)

at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.proceed(MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.java:80)

at com.fortify.manager.logging.ExceptionInterceptor.aroundBll(ExceptionInterceptor.java:62)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethodWithGivenArgs(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:621)

at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AbstractAspectJAdvice.invokeAdviceMethod(AbstractAspectJAdvice.java:610)

at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.AspectJAroundAdvice.invoke(AspectJAroundAdvice.java:65)

at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.proceedWithInvocation(TransactionInterceptor.java:96)

at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.invokeWithinTransaction(TransactionAspectSupport.java:260)

at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:94)

at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:91)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$DynamicAdvisedInterceptor.intercept(CglibAopProxy.java:633)

at com.fortify.manager.BLL.impl.ProjectTemplateBLLImpl$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$1ec7a5b0.getProjectTemplatesForMigration(<generated>)

at com.fortify.manager.BLL.migration.impl.MigrationManager30Impl$6.executeNoResult(MigrationManager30Impl.java:197)

at com.fortify.manager.BLL.migration.impl.AbstractMigrationManager$3.executeNoResult(AbstractMigrationManager.java:100)

at com.fortify.manager.service.transaction.TransactionCallbackNoResult.execute(TransactionCallbackNoResult.java:10)

at com.fortify.manager.service.transaction.TransactionServiceImpl.doRunInTransaction(TransactionServiceImpl.java:75)

at com.fortify.manager.service.transaction.TransactionServiceImpl.runInTransaction(TransactionServiceImpl.java:57)

at com.fortify.manager.BLL.migration.impl.AbstractMigrationManager.runOneTimeTask(AbstractMigrationManager.java:94)

at com.fortify.manager.BLL.migration.impl.MigrationManager30Impl.migrateAttrAssignment(MigrationManager30Impl.java:194)

at com.fortify.manager.BLL.migration.impl.MigrationManager30Impl.preSeedingMigration(MigrationManager30Impl.java:73)

at com.fortify.manager.BLL.impl.SeedManagerImpl.batchSeed(SeedManagerImpl.java:247)

at com.fortify.manager.BLL.impl.SeedManagerImpl$$FastClassBySpringCGLIB$$7c11a665.invoke(<generated>)

at org.springframework.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:204)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.CglibAopProxy$CglibMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(CglibAopProxy.java:700)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)

at org.springframework.aop.aspectj.MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.proceed(MethodInvocationProceedingJoinPoint.java:80)

at com.fortify.manager.logging.ExceptionInterceptor.aroundBll(ExceptionInterceptor.java:62)

at com.fortify.manager.BLL.impl.SeedManagerImpl$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$8e043d0f.batchSeed(<generated>)

at com.fortify.server.configuration.db.Seed.configureDB(Seed.java:92)

at com.fortify.server.configuration.ConfigurationMain.main(ConfigurationMain.java:166)

Seed failed: An unexpected error occurred.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sorry for bringing up an older thread, but this is the only public mention I was able to find about this issue. I just ran into it myself, and after working with Fortify support for a couple of days we were able to resolve the issue.

The key here is there was most likely a failure with the database connection. As the one mentioned here was using MySQL, the exact solution may be a bit different from mine, but hopefully this will point someone in the right direction.

In my case, the connection was to SQL Server, and looking in ssc-configuration.log at the bottom of the stack trace, it was determined the underlying exception was that Java was trying to execute lcase(), which is not supported by SQL Server. Since I was doing the command line setup, there are several database properties that would normally be automatically handled by the configuration wizard that were missed:

db.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.SQLServerDialect
db.availableDrivers=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
db.driverJars=sqljdbc4.jar
db.validationQuery=
db.like.specialCharacters=%_{

After adding these to the dataSource.properties file, be sure to re-run the initial configuration command to update the properties files inside the WAR file:

java -jar ssc-configuration-wizard.jar -automationMode -war ssc.war -license fortify.license \ 
-loadfrom dataSource.properties -loadfrom ldap.properties -loadfrom ssc.properties

Now you should be able to re-run the seeding command successfully. Again, for MySQL or Oracle, you might need to do some investigative work by checking ssc-configuration.log to see what the actual error is, but my guess would be that you would just need to specify the correct dialect, driver information and special characters.

Something similar to the following should work, though I'd recommend digging a little bit to be sure these values are correct for your particular setup: 

db.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
db.availableDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
db.driverJars=mysql-connector-java-5.1.17.jar
db.like.specialCharacters=%

Hopefully this will at least help to point someone in the right direction if you're having a similar issue with the seeding script failing.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

When I run the ssc-configuration-wizard using automatedMode as follows:

java -jar -Dcom.fortify.maxMemory=1024M ssc-configuration-wizard.jar -automationMode -war ssc.war -license license/fortify.license -jdbc jar/mysql-connector-java-5.1.32.jar -loadfrom properties/dataSource.properties -loadfrom properties/ssc.properties -bundle srg_content/HP_Fortify_Process_Seed_Bundle_2016_Q3.zip

I get the following exception:

WARN 2017-03-20 09:50:54,773 [com.fortify.systemspec] -
========================== Fortify Context Startup
=============================

WARN 2017-03-20 09:50:57,211
[org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext] -
Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh
attempt

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
bean with name 'globalSunJaasKerberosConfig' defined in class path
resource [WEB-INF/internal/kerberosSecurityContext.xml]: Initialization of
bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert
property value of type 'java.lang.String' to required type 'boolean' for
property 'debug'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Invalid boolean value [${kerberos.debug}]
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFacto
r
y.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:553)
~[spring-beans-4.2.1.RELEASE.jar:4.2.1.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:482)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:305)

I am initializing a new MySQL database and it happens whenever i attemp to Seed the database.

Thanks....Chuck
0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi, any solution for this error?

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
bean with name 'globalSunJaasKerberosConfig' defined in class path
resource [WEB-INF/internal/kerberosSecurityContext.xml]: Initialization of
bean failed

Thank you.
0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Hey I have recently installed HP SSC - Text based.

Use "sudo" to execute and let me know if that worked. Becuase I didn't get stuck at step 1 at all.. Though I had lot of issues in step 2 which I can help you out.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.