Highlighted
Ron L
New Member.

Fortify Scan Seems To Be Missing Some Source Files When Built From Solution File%0D%0A

I have a Xamarin solution which consists of 5 projects.  I am trying to setup Fortify scanning on the entire solution, but am finding that several classes from one of the projects are not included in the FPR when it is opened in Fortify Audit Workbench.  I have also tried building the FPR by building the individual projects, but run into an exception stating that the build "stopped unexpectedly because of an unexpected logger failure" and indicated the problem was with the  VersionDependantCodeManager not being initialized.  My bat file for the solution based build is: 

<PathToAnalyzer>\sourceanalyzer.exe -b "BuildID" -clean  -logfile "myProject-trans.log" -clobber-log

<PathToAnalyzer>\sourceanalyzer.exe -b "BuildID" -verbose -logfile "myProject-trans.log" -Xmx4096m ^
MsBuild /t:Rebuild /p:Configuration=Release /p:Platform=x86 MyProject.sln 

<PathToAnalyzer>\sourceanalyzer.exe -b "BuildID" -format "fpr" -f "<PathToReport>\myProject.fpr" -scan -Xmx4096m

I have reviewed the responses in these two posts:https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Fortify-User-Discussions/Touchless-MSBuild-ends-in-quot-VersionDependantCodeManager-not/td-p/1640034
https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Fortify-User-Discussions/Is-it-possible-to-build-csproj-with-SCA/td-p/1676546

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can proceed?

TIA

Ron L

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.