Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Fortify Security Center init.token not working

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to figure this out by myself but I just can't find out what the problem is. I've installed a brand new SSC instance in a Win Server 2016, this machine is a  VM with SQL Server 2016 and tomcat 8.5.34

The SSC Deployment was normal, and when enter to the instance in the browser, I click on the "Administrators" link and when asked to insert the token, this token does nothing at all, I've tried to copy7paste it into the textbox, I've typed it by hand but the result is the same: When I click the "Sign In" button the page refresh with an Empty token textbox. Before writing this post, I checked this one but It's unsolved, and I can't Install everything from scratch by now. I've restarted my tomcat server and verified that a New Token is generated, but even if I restart the browser and enter the new token again, the token fails and I can't get to the config wizard. The SSC logs only show the tomcat server restarts and the new token being generated but there are no error lines or anything that helps.

I don't know what else can I do so If you could lend me a hand, I'd be very grateful.

Greetings.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Good morning Omar!

My name is Justin and I am from the MicroFocus Fortify support team. I understand that you are attempting to install and configure SSC on Windows Server 2016 and when you attempt to enter the init token you note that no response is recieved. 

Please note that since you are running Apache Tomcat 8.X, this is not a supported version of Tomcat for Fortify SSC. You can confirm that Fortify support Apache Tomcat 9.X for Java 8 at the below link:

https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/fortify-software-security-center/1820/Fortify_Sys_Reqs_Help_18.20/index.htm#SSC/SSC_ApplicationServers.htm%3FTocPath%3DFortify%2520Software%2520Security%2520Center%2520Server%2520Requirements%7C_____3

Please note that I have installed Fortify SSC on Windows Server 2016 using Java 8 JRE and Apache Tomcat 9.X without issue. Please upgrade your Apache Tomcat version reinstall with Tomcat 9.X and let me know the results.

Thank you,

Justin

Fortify Software Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Good morning Omar!

My name is Justin and I am from the MicroFocus Fortify support team. I understand that you are attempting to install and configure SSC on Windows Server 2016 and when you attempt to enter the init token you note that no response is recieved. 

Please note that since you are running Apache Tomcat 8.X, this is not a supported version of Tomcat for Fortify SSC. You can confirm that Fortify support Apache Tomcat 9.X for Java 8 at the below link:

https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/fortify-software-security-center/1820/Fortify_Sys_Reqs_Help_18.20/index.htm#SSC/SSC_ApplicationServers.htm%3FTocPath%3DFortify%2520Software%2520Security%2520Center%2520Server%2520Requirements%7C_____3

Please note that I have installed Fortify SSC on Windows Server 2016 using Java 8 JRE and Apache Tomcat 9.X without issue. Please upgrade your Apache Tomcat version reinstall with Tomcat 9.X and let me know the results.

Thank you,

Justin

Fortify Software Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Apart from the advice to use a supported Tomcat version, we had the same issue when using IE 11. Switching to Chrome fixed the problem and allowed us to get to the configuration wizard.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.