Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Fortify Software Security Center - Memory Issue

I am installing Fortify SSC v4.10 on Linux (CentOS 6.5 64-bit) with Tomcat 7.0.50.  The environment is a virtual machine with one processor and currently has 8 GB RAM allocated.  The installation and configuration of the WAR file went OK, but when Tomcat tries to start SSC the log file (ssc.log) shows may out of memory errors (

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space).

I have set the environment variable CATALINA_OPTS as directed in the Tomcat startup enviornment file named setenv.sh as below:

CATALINA_OPTS=-Xms256M -Xmx4096M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Djava.awt.headless=true

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

I had some issues in the past but I ended up hard-coding the memory settings within the catalina.bat file like so: 

set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:NewSize=512m -XX:MaxNewSize=512m -XX:PermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m 

and I don't get any out of memory errors anymore with Fortify SSC 4.10 + SCA v. 6.10.0120

Also, I'm running a (virtual) Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit) with 32GB RAM.

Hope that helps. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.