Highlighted
Nghogare Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Fortify scan fails with more than 5000 sources

Dear All,

I am using Fortify 17.20 on windows. We are using Gitlab to initiate the scan however from the past couple of days, users are complaining about scan failures citing space issues or not enough memory issues.

When we contacted Gitlab team, they told us, this is for the projects which has more than 5000 java classes/sources & advised us to change the respective setting in Fortify config.

I tried finding such setting in Fortify but i couldn't. Could you please help us fixing this issue? Any pointers will be greatly helpful.

Here are some sample log snippets,

1. /builds/186d4de6/0/MobileBackend/mobile_backend/payments_api/PaymentsApiWeb/target/classes/nl/ing/rbb/channels/mobile/api/payments/dao/forecasting/TransactionsCachedData.class (No space left on device) 
  2. Fortify scan fails with 

Please see: https://gitlab.ing.net/mf2go-java/uncharted-batch/-/jobs/7597966

[error]: There is not enough memory available to complete analysis.  For details on making more memory available, please consult the user manual.

1. We can't run fortify scan from gitlab anymore because of next issue: 

mkdir: cannot create directory '/builds/ae4ca8bb/0/Insurance': No space left on device

https://gitlab.ing.net/Insurance/insurance-orchestration-api/-/jobs/7635430

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Fortify scan fails with more than 5000 sources

Hi

Not 100% sure what you want Fortify to do here?

The message sounds pretty clear that the disk is full

mkdir: cannot create directory '/builds/ae4ca8bb/0/Insurance': No space left on device

At which step of the scan is this happening

During translation that might be on the disc where the NST are stored - that would make most sense but I cannot see this from the short snippet

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.