Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
dgarozzo Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Fortify with Continuous Integration/Deployment?

I would like to know what other companies are doing about using Fortify with Continuous Automation. That is, are you implementing a gate where if there are any Criticals are found then the build is stopped?

As Fortify findings are POTENTIAL vulnerabilities, I've been concerned about implementing a hard gate to stop a build. I'm currently considering only putting the hard gate on for Criticials that have been audited.

Thoughts?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Super Contributor.. eelgheez Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Fortify with Continuous Integration/Deployment?

To filter out code correctness/stability issues we apply the high/critical filters along with OWASP filters (either web or mobile) such as

[OWASP Top 10 2017]:A [fortify priority order]:!low [fortify priority order]:!medium

or

[OWASP Mobile 2014]:M [fortify priority order]:!low [fortify priority order]:!medium

(Unfortunately, SSC 18.10 dashboard can't seem to be controlled in a similar way via URL parameters.  Up until 17.20 the issueFilters parameters could apply numeric values that persisted across analyses but not across upgrades).

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.