New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Generating reports from SSC

Jump to solution

I have been scheduling scans using Web Inspect Enterprise. As scans for a particular project/application complete and are uploaded to Software Security Center (SSC), I want to be able to access a scan that took place at a particular point in time and generate/view a detailed report for it only. Is this possible?

When I attempt to generate a report in SSC, I just get an aggregate of all the scans for the particular project/application I specify, and the report SSC generates lacks the granuality and detail I get when I generate a report from within Web Inspect (details about the vulnerable sessions, request and response, etc).

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You are correct, the SSC dynamic report only reports against the Issues for the entire Project/Application Version, it does not permit you to select a particular Artifact (individual scan).  For that discrete selection in the current release (16.10), you would have to open the scan in the WIE Scan Visualization or download it to WebInspect desktop and run the desired Report from there.

It is an interesting thought and I am going to file it with Product Management as an Enhancement Request.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You are correct, the SSC dynamic report only reports against the Issues for the entire Project/Application Version, it does not permit you to select a particular Artifact (individual scan).  For that discrete selection in the current release (16.10), you would have to open the scan in the WIE Scan Visualization or download it to WebInspect desktop and run the desired Report from there.

It is an interesting thought and I am going to file it with Product Management as an Enhancement Request.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I did file this and it was assigned a Defect# as 55129.  There is no guarantee that it will be picked up and delivered, but it is now an Enhancement Request in front of our Product Management team.

-- Habeas Data
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.