Highlighted
tarveen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Get scaninformation via web inspect api

I am trying to use a web inspect api (10.4.260.10) to get the scan information like ElapsedTimeSpan, Crawled State, Audited State ( from the scan dashboard). Does the web inspect rest api has any method that I can use here?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Get scaninformation via web inspect api

Yes, I believe you can get some status information from the API, but not all that you are seeking.  Start it up and load this URL in your browser (assuming you are using the default configuration):  http://localhost:8083/webinspect/api

/webinspect/scanner/{scanId}?action={ScanStatusAction}

(action=getcurrentstatus|waitforstatuschange)

/webinspect/scanner/{scanId}?action={ScanStateAction}

(action=stop|continue)

Open the Help guide and the article on "WebInspect API" will detail these as well as offer a sample script showing the use of cURL with the API.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
tarveen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Get scaninformation via web inspect api

Thanks a lot.

I plan to query the web inspect database and get those values now. Would you know which table/columns store Crawled and audited values that we see on the scan dashboard on opening a scan?

Thanks,

Tarveen

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.