Ensign
Ensign

Getting error while running scan for dotnet framework 4.7.1

Hi There,

I have installed fortify HPE_Security_Fortify_SCA_and_Apps_17.20_Windows and using visual studio plugin for 2017. I have created a sample console application in dotnet framework 4.7.1. I am getting the following error (however I have tried same sample application in framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2 and scan is working fine)-

Fortify SCA...
Running: CLEAN : "-b" "FortifySCA" "-clean"
Running: TRANSLATE : -dotnet-version 4.7.1 @"C:\Users\adasgupta\AppData\Local\Fortify\VS-15.0-17.20\FortifySCA\Dotnet.4.6_Build.txt"
[error]: Invalid parameter 4.7.1 for command line argument -dotnet-version
Fortify Static Code Analyzer 17.20.0183
Copyright (c) 2003-2017 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
For command-line help, type 'sourceanalyzer -h'
Running: SCAN : "-scan" @"C:\Users\adasgupta\AppData\Local\Fortify\VS-15.0-17.20\FortifySCA\FortifySCA_Scan.txt"
[error]: Unable to load build session with ID "FortifySCA". See log file for more details.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Anup Das Gupta

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Rolling back to 4.5.1 just for analysis sometimes works.

-    <TargetFrameworkVersion>v4.7.1</TargetFrameworkVersion>
+    <TargetFrameworkVersion>v4.5.1</TargetFrameworkVersion>

0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

I have tried fortify 18.10. And its supported with dotnet framework 4.7.1.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.