Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Guided Scan-WebInspect-Guided Scan-Workflow-HTTPS URL is recorded as HTTP

Hi,

Im currently using WebInspect 17.20. When choosing to use Guided scan and workflow type for an HTTPS URL, i tried importing Microfocus Unified Functional Testing scripts with the help of Import option. I imported the UFT's .usr file and the script ran successully. After that, within the allowed host section i could see my hosts listed with port 80(abc:80). When i tried to edit the imported script, it takes to the macro screen and you could see my URL is being represented as HTTP like http://abc instead of htttps://abc. So when i played all the steps, it eventually failed returning only 404 errors. 

Why the HTTPS website is recognized as HTTP URL? Do i need to make any configuration changes? P

DO help me in this issue.

Regards,

Sethu

0 Likes
6 Replies
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Interesting issue there - sounds like a possible bug.  Don't suppose you have a snippet of your usr file that you could share?  Maybe obfuscate the hostname?

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi pprofili,
Thanks for your contribution. I looked into the .usr file and there are no host details in it. anyways, Im pasting my .usr file below for your reference.

[General]
Type=Tulip
RunType=ActiveScript
DefaultCfg=default.cfg
DefaultRunLogic=default.usp
ParamRightBrace=>
ParamLeftBrace=<
NewFunctionHeader=1
MinorVersion=0
MajorVersion=6    
DevelopTool=AQT

[Actions]
Action0=Action0\Script.mts
Action1=Action1\Script.mts

[VuserProfiles]
Profiles=Default Profile

[CfgFiles]
Default Profile=default.cfg

[RunLogicFiles]
Default Profile=default.usp

[Rendezvous]

[Transactions]

[ActiveScript]
Lang=none

[TulipInfo]
ProductName=HPE Unified Functional Testing
Version=14.1

[TulipAddins]
ActiveX=
Database=
Delphi=
File Content=
Flex=
Insight=
Java=
Mobile=
Oracle=
PeopleSoft=
PowerBuilder=
Qt=
SAP=
Siebel=
Silverlight=
Windows Applications=
Stingray=
TEA=
Terminal Emulators=
UI Automation=
VisualAge Smalltalk=
Visual Basic=
Web=
.NET=
WPF=
XML=

[ExtraFiles]
Test.tsp=
Default.xls=
Parameters.mtr=
Action0\Script.mts=
Action0\Resource.mtr=
Action0\ObjectRepository.bdb=
Action1\Script.mts=
Action1\Resource.mtr=
Action1\ObjectRepository.bdb=

Regards,
Sethu
0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

I would guess that the host URL is coming from the verify step which is required when using the guided scan wizard.  Have you tried it with the basic scan wizard?

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Yes, I tried using Basic scan wizard and it works fine, as we use the inbuilt WebInspect macro for recording the workflow.

Integrating UFT scripts is not possible using Basic scan wizard. As the feature is only available through Guided scan wizard alone.

Not sure which is causing this problem.

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

True enough - I forgot about that limitation.  Not having UFT installed I can't really try this out.  At this point I'd suggest opening a support case as there's a chance you may have discovered a defect.

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Well, I have raised a ticket with the Fortify team. Will keep this forum updated with the outcome.

Meanwhile when a solution is stumbled upon let us keep this thread updated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.