Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

HP Fortify SSC server could not be contacted

Hi All,

I am getting the error below and cannot quite explain why. Everything is up and running including SSC server and required rights and privilege. SSC has even ben restarted without solving the issue. Any urgent help will be appreciated.

Error: The HP Fortify SSC server could not be contacted.  Please check your network connection and try again.  If the error persists, please contact your system administrator.

This happens when I am trying to generate a token with the command below:

C:\Program Files\HP_Fortify\HP_Fortify_SCA_and_Apps_3.80\bin>fortifyclient token-gettoken AnalysisUploadToken -url [URL] -user [USER] -password [PASSWORD] -daysToLive 356 > c:\temp\token-test.txt

Any idea what is causing this issue is appreciated.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Got the same issue. Trying to generate the token using the linux client.

Seems Fortify uses its own embedded jre (java) version. You should import your CA Root certificate within the Fortify keystore default located at: <fortify client installdir>/jre/lib/security/cacerts

Import your CA Root and you should be good to go ..... 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

I imported the Cert into the CA locally and is still getting the same error. Does it matter what keystore I import it into? 

Thanks,

Khamp 

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Not sure if you noticed this already, but it looks like you are missing a space inbetween your token and gettoken:

fortifyclient token-gettoken AnalysisUploadToken -url [URL] -user [USER] -password [PASSWORD] -daysToLive 356 > c:\temp\token-test.txt

Should be:

fortifyclient token -gettoken AnalysisUploadToken -url [URL] -user [USER] -password [PASSWORD] -daysToLive 356 > c:\temp\token-test.txt

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.