Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP WebInspect Report

Hello,

I am new to HP WebInspect tool and any help will be greatly appreciated. I need to create a custom report after each scan and the format is not the same as the pdf. I need the report to be in excel format with certain fields (ie. Column title- Vulnerability, severity, location, description, implication, fix and reference).  Is it any way I can get report in excel with the only with required fields? The  version of the Webinspect tool  is 10.5.

Thanks

Jilson

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

With the WebInspect 10.40 release, the Report Design tool was removed.  Actually, it was hardly ever used with success, but it is still present in WebInspect 10.40 by searching its name.  It appears to still be present in 10.50 if you use the Windows Start Menu to search for "Report Designer".

The good news is that you may not need to design a custom report at all.  I believe you will get everything you want by running the vulnerability Summary report and choosing the Save As option for XLS format.  You could then open that in Excel, and perhaps rearrange or clean the rows and columns as suits your need.

Separately, you could also get this data from the Full Export.  This is found under the File menu > Export > Scan Details > Full (XML).  This will dump the entire Site Tree worth of session, plus all of the vulnerabilities and those remediation Report Fields you need.  You would need to write your own transformation script to extract only what you need into Excel.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

Thank you very much for reviewing the question and answering. You have mentioned about running the Vulnerability Summary report and saving it in  XLS format. Where do I find the Vulnerability Summary report?

Thanks

JJ

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Here is how to extract this scan information from WebInspect 10.50 in Excel format.

1. Click on the Reports menu > "Generate Report"
  2. select one or more of the finished scans listed
  3. click "Next"
  4. select "Vulnerability" from the Standard Reports listing
  5. deselect or enable options displayed on the right-hand pane
  6. click "Finish"
  7. {wait for report to complete}
  8. click "Save As"
  9. set file type to "Excel Document (*.xls)"
  10. click "Save"
  11. retrieve report file from C:\ProgramData\HP\HP WebInspect\GeneratedReports\
  12. manipulate the Excel data as you need

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.