Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Help: Webinspect spawns lot of plugin_container.exe eating up memory

Hi,

Recently I have observed that the WebInspect 10.20.666.10 spawns too many instances of plugin_container.exe and this eventually eats up all the RAM and system crashes.

WebInspect uses mozilla firefox internally to access webpages and firefox seems to spawn plugin_container.exe which somehow is not getting terminated after its purpose, leaving too many instances of it running. This is really an issue because they are large in number and is not easy to kill one by one.

Please help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had the same issue and had to disable all FF plugins by setting an environment variable. 

I had to create an environment variable called MOZ_DISABLE_OOP_PLUGINS and set the value to 1.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There does appear to be an issue with WebInspect 10.20 and these plugin containers, but not for all scans or targets.  Fortify Support has some work arounds similar to Greg-L's, such as a timed script to kill processes.  At present, our Dev team is seeking more data and details from the user community to identify and correct this new issue.  Please contact Fortify Support if you can provide this type of material information.

https://support.fortify.com

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.