Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
00524926 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How come TruClient launch automatically everytime I start WebInspect desktop client?

Jump to solution

TruClient.JPG

This problem started last month. In one of my scanners, every time I open up WebInspect desktop client, TruClient opens up as well. (See attached image). What causes this issue? I always have to kill the Firefox in Task Manager to get rid of it.

Thanks in advance.

-Coy Abellano

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. pprofili Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: How come TruClient launch automatically everytime I start WebInspect desktop client?

Jump to solution

Coy,

That's a known issue that was caused by two Microsoft patches (KB3126587 and KB3126593).  You can either remove those patches or perform a SmartUpdate on WebInspect to get the latest version which resolves the issue.

-          KB3126587

-          KB3126593

0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: How come TruClient launch automatically everytime I start WebInspect desktop client?

Jump to solution

Coy,

That's a known issue that was caused by two Microsoft patches (KB3126587 and KB3126593).  You can either remove those patches or perform a SmartUpdate on WebInspect to get the latest version which resolves the issue.

-          KB3126587

-          KB3126593

0 Likes
00524926 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Phil,

Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it.

Just out of curiosity. Do you happen to know if we can do a SmartUpdate without starting up the WI desktop application? See, we generally use our scanners by using the WebInspect API, instead of using them as sensors for WebInspect Enterprise. It'd be great if we can automated the SmartUpdate for all our scanners to happen at the same time without starting WebInspect desktop clients.

-Coy

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

It seems that this command on my system will run the SmartUpdater standalone:

"C:\Program Files\HP\HP WebInspect\SmartUpdater.exe" -p"C:\ProgramData\HP\SmartUpdate\patches\WebInspect\{15A08A52-3CFF-4EB4-BB23-509FC38DDF2E}\en-us\SmartUpdateParameters.xml" -copyssce

I'm not sure what the -copyssce option does and the GUID on your machine will probably differ from mine but give that a try.

0 Likes
gil7181 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Has anyone seen this happen recently with 16.20?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yep - apply this patch and you will be good: ftp://wipatch:d_HU3zn!@ftp.ext.hpe.com

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

That was a known issue with 16.10 and may have shown up a few times with 16.20. The fix was to get a newer build of the WebInspect installer, or to get a replacement for the \browser\ folder from Fortify Support. See support.fortify.com for their email address.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
gil7181 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks both, replacing the \browser\ folder worked after I got the files from Support.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.