Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
JimCanup5252 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to customize configuration of IDE Plugin in Fortify Cloudscan?

I couldn't fine the right place to post this, so if it needs to be somewhere else, please move it or let me know where to post.
===========================
I have a Fortify CloudScan service set up. We are integrated into the application build process such that source code files are translated on the build server, packaged into a Mobile Build Package, which is sent to the CloudScan Controller for scanning. Pretty vanilla setup and things are working well. We also have individual developers with SCA + IDE Plugins. Currently, they are performing the full scanning process on their local workstations and uploading the .FPR to SSC. All this is in a Windows OS invironment.

Now to my question...
is there a way to configure or change the IDE plugin so when the developer selects "Run a Scan" in their IDE Plugin, it does the translate step, creates the Mobile Build Package, and sends it to the CloudScan controller just like what we are doing on the build machines?

This would free up so much time for the developers since the scan phase is what takes the longest time. I understand we will need to instal the CloudScan CI on the developer's workstation.

Finally, can we create a SCA Developer's install Package so this is the default process?

Thanks,
Jim

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Reply
somendas Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: How to customize configuration of IDE Plugin in Fortify Cloudscan?

Have a similar requirement. Can anyone from HPE team reply with go or no go please.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.