ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to generate Fortify Report showing assigned user

I have built an application that parses Fortify XML reports to summarize a variety of fields.  However, I am not able to get the assigned "User".  Is there a way to get that field into the XML report.

Note that if a user makes a comment, it does show up.  I currently use this field to see the last comment added by a user. Ex:

<Comment>

<UserInfo>myuserid 2013-11-27 3:07 PM</UserInfo>

<Comment>This is a business requirement.</Comment>

</Comment>

But if the User dropdown is selected, but no comment has been added, the field for the assigned user is not present in the XML report.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Is the XML report generated from AWB/ReportGenerator or SSC?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I use the command line tools:

> ReportGenerator -format xml -source $1 -template $2  -f $3 -Xmx2G -showSuppressed

I use a template that was created originally with AWB, and then modified to add some of the OVERALL fpr entities.  But I don't know how to add elements inside the <IssueList>.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.