Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
rohit_gemalto Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

How to generate WebInspect report from CLI with "Vulnerability Details" as available in UI

Jump to solution

I am setting up WebInspect to run from CLI and need my report to be detailed. UI provides to select "Vulnerability Details" which includes Request/Response etc. Can I leverage this functionality from CLI options also, if yes then how?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to generate WebInspect report from CLI with "Vulnerability Details" as available i

Jump to solution

Below are the current options for the WebInspect 18.20 CLI, in terms of Reports.  The {-y} option seems promising, but is not documented enough to know.  I believe you will be best off designing a Report Favorite in the UI, and then using that template for your CLI report using the {-w} option.

The WebInspect API also offers Reports output (recently added), but it does not seem to offer the level of customization you are seeking at this time.  You will need to start/configure the API and may access it at this (default) address:  http://localhost:8083/webinspect/swagger/ui/index#/Scanner

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reports ---------------------------------------------------------

-r {report_name} name of the report to run

Aggregate
Alert View
Attack Status
Compliance
Crawled URLS
Developer Reference
Duplicates
Executive Summary
False Positive
QA Summary
Scan Difference
Scan Log
Trend
Vulnerability
Vulnerability (Legacy)

-w {favorite_name} name of the report favorite to run

-ag aggregate reports in report favorite

-y {report_type} the type of report, either 'Standard' or 'Custom'
-f {export_file} where to export the report file - file path and file name

-gp export report as Portable Document Format(PDF) file
-gh export report as HTML file
-ga export report as raw report file
-gc export report as rich text format (RTF) file
-gx export report as text
-ge export report as Excel file

-t {filepath} use given compliance template file

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to generate WebInspect report from CLI with "Vulnerability Details" as available i

Jump to solution

Below are the current options for the WebInspect 18.20 CLI, in terms of Reports.  The {-y} option seems promising, but is not documented enough to know.  I believe you will be best off designing a Report Favorite in the UI, and then using that template for your CLI report using the {-w} option.

The WebInspect API also offers Reports output (recently added), but it does not seem to offer the level of customization you are seeking at this time.  You will need to start/configure the API and may access it at this (default) address:  http://localhost:8083/webinspect/swagger/ui/index#/Scanner

Reports ---------------------------------------------------------

-r {report_name} name of the report to run

Aggregate
Alert View
Attack Status
Compliance
Crawled URLS
Developer Reference
Duplicates
Executive Summary
False Positive
QA Summary
Scan Difference
Scan Log
Trend
Vulnerability
Vulnerability (Legacy)

-w {favorite_name} name of the report favorite to run

-ag aggregate reports in report favorite

-y {report_type} the type of report, either 'Standard' or 'Custom'
-f {export_file} where to export the report file - file path and file name

-gp export report as Portable Document Format(PDF) file
-gh export report as HTML file
-ga export report as raw report file
-gc export report as rich text format (RTF) file
-gx export report as text
-ge export report as Excel file

-t {filepath} use given compliance template file

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.