Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to scan web applications with WebInspect which need higher version browser and Adobe Flash Player?

When I use guided scan to configure scanning BSM, I met issues as noted in the two pictures.

First issue is that the BSM needs browser version is higher than the rendering engine.

Second issue is that BSM needs Adobe Flash Player which is higher than the one in WebInspect.

Could you please kindly suggest how to scan such application with WebInspect? Thanks a lot.

1.png

2.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I would start by setting any desired custom Scan Settings as the Default Scan Settings, then use the Basic Scan Wizard rather than the Guided Scan Wizard.  Usually the discrete sessions needed to traverse the site do not really need the Adobe/Flash features for WebInspect to parse it.  If the site requires a browser plug-in in order to browse and use it, then you may get no where with either one and have to resort to the Manual Step-Mode Scan option found in the Basic Scan Wizard.  For any Workflow or Login Macro Recording you need, you might need to resort to using the Web Proxy with your actual browser if the built-in MSIE and Firefox Rendering Engines are deemed sub-standard for the site.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.