Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hp Fortify authentication issue

Hi, I have installed HP_Fortify_SCA_and_Apps_4.11_windows_x64.exe in my cloud box. After installing i could see the HP fortify option in menu bar of my Visual studio 2013. I have done once scanning of one project successfully and it produced result also. But closing the VS and reopening it, while running HP fortify scan for a project, it's asking for authentication, username and password. After providing the username and password (same I used to login the Protect 724), it's throwing a error message. Below is the error message:

"The HP Fortify SSC server could not be contacted. Please check your network connection and try again. If the error persists, please contact your system administrator. " . Kindly let me know what to do.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Have you installed only SCA with its VS plugin, or have you also installed the SSC Server?  SCA does not require a logon, it operates for the local user.  Did you configure SCA to auto-connect or update from some SSC system?

If you installed the SSC Server and are having difficulty with the login, did you define any additional (back-up) administrator accounts, or are you using just the one defined in the SSC configuration?  What application platform is this SSC server running on?  Is this a blank/new SSC system, or is it already in use by other users?

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi Amareswar,

By default, when you run a scan from the Visual Studio Plugin through the VS IDE, it will prompt you to upload the results to SSC. If you do not have an SSC instance set up, or you don't want to get this prompt, you can turn off this feature by going to HP Fortify -> Options -> Project Settings -> Synchronization Options, then uncheck the "Auto Synchronize all Projects with Server" checkbox. If it's greyed out, you will need to check the "Enable Project Specific Settings" checkbox first.

Regards,

Young

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.