Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
SkySrfr Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Import/export LDAP Configuration in SSC 18.10

Jump to solution

I'm trying to include the LDAP configuration as part of the installation process without manually entering all the values in the administration page. Since the configuration wizard no longer exists, is there still a way to automatically import this information during the installation? If so, is there a nice way to export the working configuration that I have in an existing installation? The LDAP Server configuration page has a column labelled "Preconfigured Server," which seems to suggest there is a way.

If there exists an "ldap.properties" file somewhere that I can just copy/paste into place, that would be optimal, and I have seen the file mentioned in older SSC documentation, but I can't seem to find it anywhere, so I'm guessing that is no longer a thing.

Does anybody know if this is possible any more?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Import/export LDAP Configuration in SSC 18.10

Jump to solution

SkySrfr,

In previous versions like 17.10 there was a file ldap.properties in the Tomcat directory with the configuration of the LDAP server, so in that case, you could copy and save the file for future installations. But starting from 17.20 version the LDAP configuration is stored in the DB and not it the ldap.properties file, the latest versions of SSC does not include file in the install directories.

In the case that you need to do a quick install or restore (only if you do not need the current scans information) I would recommend you (as alternativity) to create a clean database with the configurations then create a backup of this database. So, you could restore this backup and connect your SSC to the DB with the configuration stored (LDAP.)

Regards,

5 Replies

Jump to solution

Hell SkySrfr,

Regarding your question, I am attaching the SSC_Guide for 18.10, where you can find all the steps on page 95 and 96. I would like to recommend you that if you want to import this configuration, it is important to validate that it is working at the server where it was configured the first time before importing to another server.

Regards,

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply! I apologize for the miscommunication, but I have already found that section of the manual and do have a fully working LDAP configuration now. I also see that page 97 has steps for importing a legacy ldap.properties configuration file into this installation.

My question is: Since I know my current configuration works, how do I create or copy a working ldap.properties file from this configuration to prepare for future imports? This would make future upgrades or restores much quicker and easier.

Thanks again!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

SkySrfr,

In previous versions like 17.10 there was a file ldap.properties in the Tomcat directory with the configuration of the LDAP server, so in that case, you could copy and save the file for future installations. But starting from 17.20 version the LDAP configuration is stored in the DB and not it the ldap.properties file, the latest versions of SSC does not include file in the install directories.

In the case that you need to do a quick install or restore (only if you do not need the current scans information) I would recommend you (as alternativity) to create a clean database with the configurations then create a backup of this database. So, you could restore this backup and connect your SSC to the DB with the configuration stored (LDAP.)

Regards,

Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

That answers my question, thank you! I will look to see how that is stored in the DB and see if I can just add some SQL to the deployment script to put the configuration in place.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

For anyone needing this in the future, here was my final approach:

After successfully configuring and testing the LDAP setup on a running installation, run the following command to pull the configuration off:

mysqldump -uadmin_username -padmin_password sscdb ldapserver > ./ldapserver.sql

I then edited this .sql file to remove everything but the INSERT line, to avoid destroying and recreating tables.

During future installations, once the DB has been configured properly, the admin user has been created,  and the tables have all been created, run the following to insert the configuration back into the DB:

mysql -uadmin_username -padmin_password sscdb < ./ldapserver.sql

This seems to carry everything forward properly, including the bind user/password, and works right out of the box!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.