Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Increase JVM heap size in fortify .bat file

I am getting the JVM error when trying to increase JVM heap size in fortify .bat file. I am using windows server 2008 64 bit machine with 16 GB physical memory.

set MEMORY=-Xmx2000m -Xms600M -Xss24M

I am getting the following error, when trying to run modified .bat file.

Error:

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Could not create the Java Virtual Machine

Anyone advise me how to increase heap size of JVM?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Give it more memory, I do most of my scans on a laptop with 16GB memory and I dedicate 12GB to the heap.  I don't like using environment variables so I typically do it in my POM or directly in the command.  It seems to be moody and I end up testing both ways to make it run well.

POM:

<jreStack>8M<jreStack>

<maxHeap>12000M</maxHeap>

CLI:

-Dfortify.sca.Xmx=12000M

If you're not doing this already, you might also ensure you are using:

-Dfortify.sca.64bit=true

-Dmaven.compiler.fork=true

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.