Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Is there a way to generate the reports in xml format?

Is there a way to generate the reports in xml format?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi van,

The Fortify SSC portal/website has report output formats of XLS, DOC and PDF.

The Audit Workbench client has report output formats of XLS , DOC,HTML and PDF.

It does not appear that XML is currently a native option, there is an API which you could query to get data programmatically and do whatever you wish with it.

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Hi Vice,

Thank you for the update. Is the xml format of reports not available in both trial and commercial versions? And what is the API to query data for xml report?  I need the report in xml format. Kindly suggest.

0 Likes
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

That is correct, I am referring to the commercial product, I do not see any options to export reports in XML format. 

For the API, see page 160 of the Fortify SSC portal documentation

https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/fortify-software-security-center/2010/SSC_Guide_20.1.0.pdf

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.