Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Issue in Approving artifacts

Hi Team,

I have integrated my SSC server with Jenkins plugin .Each time i run a scan and the FPR gets generated , once it is trying to upload the fpr file it says 'The artifact needs to be approved for processing in SSC. Will continue to wait...' . For this to resolve each and every time i need to approve it manually. I tried modifying the rules and still it says the same. Dont we have any other alternate to upload without intervening manually.? Please help me with this. Thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hello,

There some reasons to it, please check the "Setting Analysis Results Processing Rules for Application
Versions" session on page 206 from SSC Guide: https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/fortify-software-security-center/1820/SSC_Guide_18.20.pdf

Data, or do not.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks for your response Raph. Even though i followed those steps and modified rules, i am still getting the same thing.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Did you change the "Processing Rules", as mentioned by SSC Guide and you still getting this approval issue? Can you restart the SSC Apache Server?

Data, or do not.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hey Raph,

Yes ,changed the processing rules. Restarted Apache and SSC as well. Still the same issue 😞
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

I believe that the "requires approval" feature is tied to each individual application. I don't know if there is a way to turn it off globally, but for an individual application, go to its Profile, and then Processing Rules, and look for all "Requires Approval" options and turn them off if that's what you want.

What is Fortify saying is the reason for requiring approval?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.