Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Issues missing from reports

Jump to solution

My colleague sent me a .fpr file that I read in both the Audit Workbench and the Visual Studio Fortify plugin.  The issues total is 1,430 in both places.  The reports show the totals correctly, but do not report on each individual issue.  The Security Fortify and Developer Workbench reports only included 134 issues.  I tried using ReportGenerator.bat, but there was no difference.  Does anyone know how I can get the details for *ALL* issues?

I also ran this command:  C:\Fortify\Fortify_SCA_and_Apps_20.1.0\bin\fprutility -information -listIssues -project myFileName.fpr -search -queryAll -f listIssues.csv -outputFormat CSV
and that *DID* report all issues but will not let me specify all the fields we need.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @clairestrebva,

Please verify the "Filter Set" that is selected when the report is being generated from Audit Workbench. Likely that "Quick View" may be selected as the Filter Set instead of "Security Auditor View" (both default) when the report was being generated.

OR Assuming this FPR was an audited one was "Show Only My Issues" selected from (AWB > Options) and report generated?

OR were there any filter applied when the "Generate Report" Wizard.

Regards,
Tejesh Chandra  K H

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @clairestrebva,

Please verify the "Filter Set" that is selected when the report is being generated from Audit Workbench. Likely that "Quick View" may be selected as the Filter Set instead of "Security Auditor View" (both default) when the report was being generated.

OR Assuming this FPR was an audited one was "Show Only My Issues" selected from (AWB > Options) and report generated?

OR were there any filter applied when the "Generate Report" Wizard.

Regards,
Tejesh Chandra  K H

View solution in original post

Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Thank you for replying.  I played around with the check boxes under the Issue Filter Settings in the "Generate Report" Wizard and was able to get all of the issues.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.