will.chatham@no1 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Issues with upgrading to SSC 4.40

Jump to solution

I'm hoping that I may get a quicker response here, as HP Support via email has been really slow to respond.

Scenario:

--CentOS 6.7

--MySQL 5.1.52-5 (latest Cent/RedHat repository version)

--Tomcat 8.0.28

--jre 1.8.0_65

I had already converted the DB to case-sensitive using a script provided to me by HP support. I went through all the migration instructions in the 4.40 documentation. When I run SSC and try to log in I see the SSC logo and "An unexpected error has occurred."

In the ssc.log file I get this:

2015-11-24 08:16:15,303   [ERROR] com.fortify.manager.DAO.fulltext.ModelMappingFactoryImpl - Fulltext search is disabled because searchIndex.location property has no value

2015-11-24 08:16:28,810   [WARN] com.fortify.manager.service.EmailServiceImpl - Exception loading certificates keystore as JKS: /usr/share/apache-tomcat-8.0.28&#x

2F;webapps/ssc/WEB-INF/Core/config/certificates/keystore (No such file or directory)

2015-11-24 08:16:28,810   [WARN] com.fortify.manager.service.EmailServiceImpl - Exception loading certificates keystore as PKCS12: /usr/share/apache-tomcat-8.0.28

/webapps/ssc/WEB-INF/Core/config/certificates/keystore (No such file or directory)

2015-11-24 08:16:28,810   [WARN] com.fortify.manager.service.EmailServiceImpl - S/MIME messages cannot be sent from this server

2015-11-24 08:16:37,392   [INFO] com.fortify.manager.service.runtime.RuntimeControllerConnectionConfiguration - Initializing runtime event handlers: [10234]

2015-11-24 08:16:37,392   [WARN] com.fortify.manager.service.runtime.RuntimeControllerConnectionConfiguration - Runtime integration disabled

2015-11-24 08:16:39,463   [ERROR] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/ssc].[jsp] - Servlet.service() for servlet [jsp] in context with path [/ss

c] threw exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward after response has been committed

HP Support suggested that I was building the ssc.war file with an unsupported MySQL Java connector (5.1.24). I had initially built it with the latest version available from Oracle, but they said I should roll it back to 5.1.25 (~a 3 year old version?~) since that is what is listed as the supported version in the documentation.

However, I noted that the SSC Configuration Wizard sasy 5.1.26 is the supported version. The HP rep didn't seem to get that. Either way, rebuilt the connector, restarted, redeployed, and I still get the same error.

I also noted that the documentation says it supports CentOS/RedHat 6.7 in one spot, but that it requires MySQL 5.6.20 in another. The CentOS/RedHat supported repository version of MySQL is 5.1.52-5. Not sure what to do about that in-congruence.

Anyone have any ideas?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Issues with upgrading to SSC 4.40

Jump to solution

My ticket was finally escalated, and it was quickly determined that in order to resolve my problems, SSO authentication needed to be turned off manually via the MySQL database. After a Tomcat restart, I was able to log in and turn it back on in the new dashboard.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Issues with upgrading to SSC 4.40

Jump to solution

My ticket was finally escalated, and it was quickly determined that in order to resolve my problems, SSO authentication needed to be turned off manually via the MySQL database. After a Tomcat restart, I was able to log in and turn it back on in the new dashboard.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.