Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Job scheduler broken in v4.30 & v4.31 ?

Job scheduler seems to be broken in v4.3*, nothing seems to be happening on artifact upload, delete and report generation. I don't see anything being logged and also the artifact upload/delete, report generation is in never ending queue. Anyone else noticed the same issue? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Yugesh

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yugesh;

Have you reviewed the SSC v4.30 document on Installation and Configuring, page 76 on "Configuring Job Scheduler Settings"?

Are there any particular error messages appearing in the SSC.log file that might be relevant?

Is this situation true for all users and Roles in SSC, or just a select user or Project or Role?

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I haven't changed the default values in the "Configuring Job Scheduler Settings" moreover even the on demand activities like generating report, delete artifact is not working as well. 

Problem is nothing is being logged in scc.log which is why I thought something was wrong with job scheduler, because if scheduler was working fine then something gets logged and throws error, right? This situation is true for all users and local admin user as well.

We were in v4.3 and was told this was bug in v4.3 and asked to upgrade to v4.31 but upgrade didn't solve the issue.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Yugesh,

I believe there may be a few steps which may need to be performed on your SSC database to get jobs processing properly even after the upgrade to 4.31.  Would you mind opening a case by emailing fortifytechsupport@hp.com, and ask that the case be assigned to me?  I'd like to join a WebEx with you to take a look at your issue.

Thanks

Rick

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply, I already opened a case and the ID is #00228895, can you look and let me know?

-Yugesh

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

You can check the running jobs on the new HTML GUI. It's very useful!!!

Got to Administration/Jobs. Select type Running, Prepared. Maybe you can figure out what's happening.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.