Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LDAP Configuration Issues

We're on Fortify 4.0 on Windows server 2008 and Tomcat 7.0.23.

To get Fortify working, we created all our users with local Fortify accounts. Now we are trying to get LDAP to integrate. I've followed the steps to integrate it and it passes the test in the configuration tool. Within SSC I go into the Administration tab and LDAP. I can add both a group and a user. In the "Register LDAP Entity" dialog, everything looks OK. A Distinguished Name is shown for the group and account.

When I go back to the "LDAP Entities" list, the group shows a Distinguished Name but the user does not.

When I edit the group to change is roles, the change is successfully saved. But when I edit the user account to add a role,  when I select the Save button I get the error "The selected object no longer exists." I don't see any errors in the Fortify Event Logs.

What does this mean and how do I get past it?

As I mentioned, we originally gave everybody local accounts. Unfortunately we named these accounts with the same name as their LDAP userid. Once I get LDAP working, how do I convert these local accounts to use the LDAP group? Will the projects that their username has already been given access automatically switch to the same LDAP username?

Thank you,

Brian

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Brian,

I don't have a lot of experience with LDAP but it sounds like you have a very specific issue that may need some help from tech support (fortifytechsupport@hp.com).  Sorry I can't be of more help.

Alec

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

We are facing issue, we are using ssc demo version (License installed).

We need to connect ldap with SSC. there is no war file available.

we are currently doing it with ldap.properties file. 

Logs are attach for reference as we enter values in the ldap.properties our ssc server stop running. 

Can someone guide the exact format use to fill ldap.properties values. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.