Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

LIM Initialize Error creating Database

Jump to solution

I have just installed WebInspect 17.10.

I also have an instance of SQL Server 2014 running.

When trying to create the Licence Server Database I receive an error 'Must declare the scalar variable "@ScanID"'

This is at the point where I have entered a name for the database and then clicked Create.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Is Licence Server Manager LIM compatable with SQL 2014?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Make sure you only have one version of SQL EXpress on the machine at a time - if there are multiples then that can lead to WebInspect not seeing the instance.  Uninstall any others - or uninstall all if you're not sure and then reinstall just the desired version (17.10 works with 2012 SP1 and 2 or 2014 SP1 or 2016).

The ScanID error is definitely a collation issue.  If you resolve that - make sure the SQL Server instance has a collation that is Case Insensitive.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

LIM doesn't use SQL Server - it uses an embedded version of SQL Compact Edition for its database.

Are you perhaps confusing the LIM database with the WebInspect database?  The error you are seeing is, I suspect, a collation issue.  WebInspect requires the database collation to be case-insensitive.  I suspect you have it set to case-sensitive.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Sorry My Apologies.

Yes I was trying to run Web Inspect 17.10 for the first time when it asks you to either connect to and existing server or close and Install SQL Express.

I have tried both options.

1. Running a SQL Server 2014 instance and when I connect to it and say "Create Database" I receive the Must declare @ScanID error.

2. I then installed SQL Express on the same server (downloaded from the link provided on the pop-ujp window SQL express 2012) then when I run WI I get the cannot find SQL Express, do I want to connect to another DB server or Close and download SQL.

So at this point deadin the water

Thanks for any advice

Chris

0 Likes
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Make sure you only have one version of SQL EXpress on the machine at a time - if there are multiples then that can lead to WebInspect not seeing the instance.  Uninstall any others - or uninstall all if you're not sure and then reinstall just the desired version (17.10 works with 2012 SP1 and 2 or 2014 SP1 or 2016).

The ScanID error is definitely a collation issue.  If you resolve that - make sure the SQL Server instance has a collation that is Case Insensitive.

View solution in original post

Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Thanks. That was the issue along with differing versions of SQL running

Uninstalled them all, Installed SQL 2014 and it worked fine

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.