Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
nathanpitero Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

LIM Login Failure

Hi all,

I have this issue with LIM.

I Installed it & configured a user correctly according to the procedure of WI Install Guide.

But when I try to log in to the admin console, the console display error something like this :

Fortify Error.PNG

Is this some misconfig on the LIM or on the WebServer IIS?

kindly help me on this.

Thanks,

Nathan Pitero

0 Likes
1 Reply
Outstanding Contributor.. pprofili Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: LIM Login Failure

Check the LIM troubleshooting section of the WebInspect installation guide here. Basically you need to ensure that the application pool has access to the machine keys folder.

It seems also that you're also hitting an issue - with styles being missing - that (if you're using the LIM version that comes with WebInspect 16.10) is caused by the fact that IIS versions greater than 7.5 already contain a MIME Type mapping for .woff files at the application host level, resulting in a conflict between that and the one contained within LIM's web.config:

<staticContent>

<mimeMap fileExtension=".woff" mimeType="application/x-font-woff" />

</staticContent>

The resolution is to either remove the MIME type mapping from the application host or from the LIM web.config - or if you use a later version of LIM (such as the version that comes packaged with 16.20) the issue should resolve itself.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.