Highlighted
billyort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

License Infrastructure Manager creating significantly large (> 8GB) log files.

Jump to solution

Is anyone having problems with their License Infrastructure Manager creating significantly large (>8GB) log files in the \inetpub\Logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1 directory? After a few days of this event it takes all of my free hard drive space and shuts down my server. I may be on the wrong track here but I've narrowed it down to the User-Agent that IIS looks for and when it uses this service, /LIMService/LeaseService.asmx it worked fine but for whatever reason it now uses this service, ?HP.AppSec.Lim.Services/AgentTaskService.asmx which is getting the 404 error. I can't find where I need to make the change for setting to use the previous service. I've searched all over the IIS manager and no luck. Any help I can get is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Billy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
billyort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: License Infrastructure Manager creating significantly large (> 8GB) log files.

Jump to solution

Nevermind! I figured it out myself. I had to go to C:\Program Files\HP\HP License and Infrastructure Manager\Bin directory and right click LimInitialize.exe to open with admin rights and basically re-initialize the service by creating a new user even though I used the same information I was using before and leaving the authentication setup as anonymous which is what I had before. Once I did that the log files were back to normal in the KB size as opposed to GB size within an hour. Trying to use the License and Infrastructure Manager Initialize via the program menu has never worked for me, if it had I probably would have figured this out sooner.

I hope this information can help someone else so that they don't  lose a couple of days work trying to figure it out.

Regrads,

Billy

0 Likes
1 Reply
billyort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: License Infrastructure Manager creating significantly large (> 8GB) log files.

Jump to solution

Nevermind! I figured it out myself. I had to go to C:\Program Files\HP\HP License and Infrastructure Manager\Bin directory and right click LimInitialize.exe to open with admin rights and basically re-initialize the service by creating a new user even though I used the same information I was using before and leaving the authentication setup as anonymous which is what I had before. Once I did that the log files were back to normal in the KB size as opposed to GB size within an hour. Trying to use the License and Infrastructure Manager Initialize via the program menu has never worked for me, if it had I probably would have figured this out sooner.

I hope this information can help someone else so that they don't  lose a couple of days work trying to figure it out.

Regrads,

Billy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.