Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Captain Captain
Captain

MSBuild Jenkins Issue - Build Files Access Issue

Hi,

I have a windows machine (OS: Windows Server 2016) with Fortify SCA 20.1.4 installed and I have configured Jenkins slave to run from the machine to connect to our Jenkins master using LocalSystem account. After the setup, I tried to invoke fortify translation and scan from the jenkins to slave machine, I see the below error and I believe this is due to the access issue to system32 folder which is always restricted

[error]: An error was encountered while reading from file C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Fortify\MSBuildPlugin\test.txt
[error]: No valid input files were specified.

Post this issue, I tried to run jenkins slave with my internal account (user login), I am able to perform the fortify translation and scan successfully.

Hence, I would like to know how I can change the default folder for all my scans to be changed from C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Fortify\MSBuildPlugin to D:\ drive where the access issue will not be reproduced. Has anyone worked on changing the configuration like this scenario?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Parthiban,

I believe you can specify the Fortify working directory by modifying the com.fortify.WorkingDirectory setting in the fortify.properties file. I suggest you look around in these config files.

The one I am thinking of is located here for me on Windows

C:\Program Files\Fortify\Fortify_SCA_and_Apps_19.2.0\Core\config\fortify.properties

# Specify the path to the working directory of the thick tools

# ${win32.LocalAppdata} is a special variable that points to the windows

com.fortify.WorkingDirectory=${win32.LocalAppdata}/Fortify

0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

@rhelsens I did overwrite the working directory in both fortify.properties and in fortify-sca.properties including the jenkins user home for the agent

Still the jenkins job which runs under "LocalSystem" account looks for the translation files under C:\Windows\system32

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.