Frequent Contributor.. anthony.fiti@lv Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Manually install VS extension

Jump to solution

I installed 19.1.0 today, and it doesn't seem like it successfully installed the VS 2017 plugin. I cant figure out how to modify the installation to remove and reinstall the plugin. Is that possible, without uninstalling and reinstalling all of Fortify? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Contributor..

Re: Manually install VS extension

Jump to solution

So I had to go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall 19.1. During the uninstall I chose to remove just the plugin. 

Then I tried the installer to install it again. It failed again. 

While the dialog box was up, I found the vsix installer in the Fortify app directory. I copied it and manually installed it and that worked. 

That was entirely too difficult. 

6 Replies
Raphael Hagi Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Looking at the Fortify Marketplace, I think the extension doesn't have a new version.

Data, or do not.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Whic one of these three did you mean precisely?

• SCA plugin for VS IDE:  install option found within the SCA Installation Wizard  (Do you have the supported VS IDE installed?)

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution

So I had to go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall 19.1. During the uninstall I chose to remove just the plugin. 

Then I tried the installer to install it again. It failed again. 

While the dialog box was up, I found the vsix installer in the Fortify app directory. I copied it and manually installed it and that worked. 

That was entirely too difficult. 

Contributor.. JBarry Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Anthony, 

I appear to be facing a similar issue as you, but I can't seem to get your solution to work. When you reference the "vsix installer" I assume you are referring to "FortifyPackage.vsix"? I copied this file over and double-clicked it, but it did not do anything. I additionally ran the below command from the VS Command Prompt, but still no luck. Am I approaching your solution incorrectly? 

Command: VSIXInstaller /a /q /skuVersion:15.0 /skuName:Pro "C:\Location\To\FortifyPackage.vsix"

Thanks,
Jim

0 Likes
Contributor.. JBarry Contributor..
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Please disregard my previous post. It looks like just running the below command from the VS Command Prompt has done the trick. I agree with Anthony that this required way too many hoops to jump through to get this working, but I am glad he found a solution I could replicate. 

Command: VSIXInstaller Path/To/FortifyPackage.vsix

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.. dchacon1 Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the trick. It solved the problem.

In my case, I found FortifyPackage.vsix in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\fortify-installer\VS2017

Best regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.