Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Microsoft SQL Server: TypeError on Delete Application Version or Artifact

I'm trying to migrate an existing Fortify SSC Installation from a MySQL database to a Microsoft SQL Server 2017.

I successfully configured the database connection, did all the seeding and imported the rulepacks.

Afterwards I tried to migrate at least some basis data from one database to the other. And got stuck with some issues when migrating projectversions.

So I restarted the whole process (this time without any manual changes to the data in the database).

I just created one Application with one Application Version and tried to delete it immediately afterwards.

Without success. The error show is "Unexpected error has occurred. Please contact your Administrator

TypeError: Das Objekt unterstützt diese Aktion nicht." (sorry, but it is in German).

On the Server I can't find any log that contains any related exception and/or stacktrace.

I already tried to increase the logging Level - without any success.

I even looked in the database and the "Event Logs" - nothing.

Can anyone tell me where to find details regarding the error and/or how to fix it?

I'm using Fortify 19.10. In the same version with a MySQL database the delete is possible without any issue.

I set all the necessary Microsoft SQL Server configurations:

ALTER DATABASE ... COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS;
ALTER DATABASE ... SET ALLOW_SNAPSHOT_ISOLATION ON;
ALTER DATABASE ... SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON;

I already tried diffrent jdbc drivers and different JDKS (admittedly still 1.8).

Restart(s) didn't help either ...

0 Likes
2 Replies
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Sorry, forget the question.
It is actually just a browser issue.
With Chrome (which I used for the test with MySQL) it is working fine.
With IE11 (which I used for the test with Microsoft SQL Server) I get the error.
As I couldn't find any trace of an issue on the Server Side. I tried the same with Chrome - and there it is working.
(OK - and a similare community entry regarding Confluence (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Exception-Object-doesn-t-support-this-action-creating-a-project/qaq-p/783990) gave me a hint in the right direction :-))
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

SSC 19.x does not support Internet Explorer 11. Support for IE was dropped in 19.1.0. According to the 19.1.0 Release Notes:

TECHNOLOGIES NOT SUPPORTED IN THIS RELEASE

Fortify Software Security Center

The following technologies are not supported in this release:

·         SQL Server 2014

·         Internet Explorer 11

·         Service Integrations: Jira 7.4

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.