Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Parsing error with WebInspect 20.2.0 test license file

Hi!

I'm having troubles activating a test license for Webinspect 20.2.0.

I have generated the request license file with the token sent by a person from Microfocus, went to  https://licenseservice.fortify.hpe.com/OfflineLicensing.aspx and generated the response license file successfully.

The problem here is that, when I try to perform the activation with the response file, I get an error: "License file failed to be parsed".

I think that the problem is in the client data. The token is generated for a person with some non-UTF8 characters in the name, and in the response license file, these characters are shown like '?' character. For example: 

<LastName>P?rez Rodr?guez</LastName>   

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Carlos.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

At this time the only way to resolve this is to not include those characters. The product management team is aware of this.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi, ebell.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Then, it's necessary to generate a new license Token changing the customer data, without any character of this kind, isn't it?

I tried to modify the response license xml in order to not include these characters, but it didn't work. I guess that the original file downloaded from the offline license url must not be modified, since it has some checksum system (sha1 cypher, I think). Am I right?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Carlos.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

That is correct. Those characters will need to be removed from the registration information before the request file is created. Modifying the response will not work as you've discovered.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.