Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Omar Lpz Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Probem with WIE 18.20 installation

Hi,

I've installed WIE and know I'm running the initialization Wizard, everything is fine until the wizard starts to create the DataBase for WIE, there i get the following error:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'Status'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at HP.ASC.Securebase.Install.nHydrateDbObject.Save(String connectionString, String modelKey, IEnumerable`1 list, SqlTransaction transaction)
at HP.ASC.Securebase.Install.UpgradeInstaller.RunUpgrade(InstallSetup setup)
ClientConnectionId:57c951b3-b20b-4610-b3f5-0c40354f8041
Error Number:207,State:1,Class:16

I've been looking for the log file to get an idea of what's failing or where the problem might be, but I can't find the logs for the Initialization Wizard, so I ask you, what could be the problem? The server has SQL Server 2016 installed and I have an instance of SSC installed in said server too so there's no prblem with the SQLServer i Think, but I don't know.

Thanks in Advance

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Probem with WIE 18.20 installation

There is an intializer_trace.log located in the \Program Files\Fortify\Fortify WebInspect Enterprise 18.20\Initializer directory

0 Likes
Omar Lpz Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Probem with WIE 18.20 installation

Hello Ethan,

I've looked for the log and it says the following:

[2019-04-19 16:24:39]
The script '10_0_0_0_386_UpgradeScript.sql' has never been applied to the database and never will due to its version.

[2019-04-19 16:24:39]
The script '10_0_0_0_420_UpgradeScript.sql' has never been applied to the database and never will due to its version.

[2019-04-19 16:24:45]
[ERROR]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'Status'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at HP.ASC.Securebase.Install.nHydrateDbObject.Save(String connectionString, String modelKey, IEnumerable`1 list, SqlTransaction transaction)
at HP.ASC.Securebase.Install.UpgradeInstaller.RunUpgrade(InstallSetup setup)
ClientConnectionId:57c951b3-b20b-4610-b3f5-0c40354f8041
Error Number:207,State:1,Class:16

I don't know what or where is the Upgrade Script that the log mentions. It's a brand new Installation of WebInspect Enterprise and there weren't any upgrade scripts or scripts at all in the WIE 18.20 folder.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.