Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Purge artifacts from SSC before a specific date?

Is there a way to purge older artifacts from SSC without having to go into each version manually (I have over 1500 different versions currently)?

I would like to remove the artifacts that are over a year old.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Purge artifacts from SSC before a specific date?

Yes, check the following link to the documentation - https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/fortify-software-security-center/1920/SSC_Help_19.2.0/index.htm#SSC_UG/Purge_AppVs.htm?Highlight=purge

Purging Application Versions

To purge all artifacts in an application version

that was scanned before a given date:

1. Navigate to the <ssc_install_dir>/Tools/fortifyclient/bin directory.
  2. Run the following:

fortifyclient ‑url <ssc_url> purgeApplicationVersion <app_identifier> 
    ‑scanDate <MMDDYYYY> 

where <ssc_url> represents the URL of the Fortify Software Security Center instance (see About Specifying the Fortify Software Security Center URL) and <app_identifier> represents the -application <app_name>, -version <version_name>, or -applicationVersionID <id>.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

It seems that this would be almost as time consuming as purging from the GUI. I was hoping for a way to purge en masse.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Not necessarily, you could get a list of application versions (IDs) and script it. Better than having to click through the web interface.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.