Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

QAInspect unable to detect SQL server

Jump to solution

I have installed SQL server 2014 on my computer. Howerver when I run QAInspect after installation I keep getting  the message " SQL Server Express Is Not Installed".  Can anyone help me with solution/advice on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Shibboleth

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

First off, SQL 2014 is not supported for use with QAInspect, only 2008 and 2005 editions.  Assuming you have the last release of version 9.20, these are the supported databases.

• Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition 2008 R2 SP1 (10 GB scan database limit)
• Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition 2008 SP3 (4 GB scan database limit)
• Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition 2005 SP4 (minimum) (4 GB scan database limit)
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (Recommended) (No scan database limit)
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP2 (No scan database limit)
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP4 (No scan database limit)

Page 78 of the QAInspect 9.20 User Guide (attached) details where to change the Database settings under the Application Settings menu.  By default QAInspect (and WebInspect) will seek a local instance of SQL Express, but the user can alter that using these settings so that QAInspect stores its scan and report data on a SQL Server, local or remote.

Further information may be found in our customer forums at Protect724, as well as the Fortify Documentation repository at https://protect724.hp.com/community/fortify/fortify-product-documentation/overview

BTW - QAInspect is no longer being sold (End of Life), but it is currently supported.  QAInspect customers are encouraged to contact Fortify Support (support.fortify.com), and our Product Management team, for a replacement using WebInspect.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

First off, SQL 2014 is not supported for use with QAInspect, only 2008 and 2005 editions.  Assuming you have the last release of version 9.20, these are the supported databases.

• Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition 2008 R2 SP1 (10 GB scan database limit)
• Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition 2008 SP3 (4 GB scan database limit)
• Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition 2005 SP4 (minimum) (4 GB scan database limit)
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (Recommended) (No scan database limit)
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP2 (No scan database limit)
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP4 (No scan database limit)

Page 78 of the QAInspect 9.20 User Guide (attached) details where to change the Database settings under the Application Settings menu.  By default QAInspect (and WebInspect) will seek a local instance of SQL Express, but the user can alter that using these settings so that QAInspect stores its scan and report data on a SQL Server, local or remote.

Further information may be found in our customer forums at Protect724, as well as the Fortify Documentation repository at https://protect724.hp.com/community/fortify/fortify-product-documentation/overview

BTW - QAInspect is no longer being sold (End of Life), but it is currently supported.  QAInspect customers are encouraged to contact Fortify Support (support.fortify.com), and our Product Management team, for a replacement using WebInspect.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify

View solution in original post

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thanks a lot. Yes it's true QAInspect is no longer being sold. I already installed WebInspect instead.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.