Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Valued Contributor.. markberrier Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Reports Excel 2003 Problem

Ver 18.2 AWB/SSC

When generating a report template in Excel from SSC, Fortify creates a 2003 xls workbook.

I have not creating a Case yet. 

Problem: In the Federal workspace, that file is a restricted Office file to open because it is fraught with security flaws. ( an oxymoron in that a security tool is generating a report format fraught with security flaws!)

Has anyone in the Federal workspace fround a work around?

An ehancement would be to create the different reports in a csv format that can be consumed in other tools.

Tags (4)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Community Manager COEST Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Reports Excel 2003 Problem

Hello!

Sorry that it took so long to provide you with an answer. I've been trying to find someone in the working space you mentioned but no success here.

Fortify team told me that they have not heard of a similar request or workaround. However, we are planning a reporting upgrade in the near future which will likely address this.

CSV files of issues can be generated on the Issues page of SSC.

If you still need help asap, we'd recommend to open a support ticket.

Sincerely, your Micro Focus security online community manager

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. markberrier Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: Reports Excel 2003 Problem

Yes, I know CSV files can be created. However, the fields that get parsed out are limited and not much use in the Federal Sector for Cybersecurity efforts.  An new Ad Hoc reporting option might be appropriate in SSC where one creates a CSV.

For example, If Micro Focus added the Issue Comment along with the time date stamp associated to an issue,, would make the CSV so much more userful.

Or if Micro Focus used the free code from Vulnerator that allows FPR files to be parsed out to different Federal Cybersecurity reporting forms but executed from the SSC or SCA, wow, what a huge improvement that way. We in the Federal Space are currently handicapped with "hand jamming" all these reports these days....

Hope someone at Micro Focus take notice of this...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.