Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

RestAPI not returning output

I am currently trying to pull scans with the rest api. I am running into an issue when I do a GET request it is only returning brackets [] with no actual output. 

Is this an issue with the api connecting to the database or is there possibly something I need to configure?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

If you're using  SQL Express as your "database" then the cause is that the API is running as a different user from the one who runs WebInspect via the UI, therefore it's looking in a different location for those scans (basically a different location on the filesystem - associated with that user).  Change the API service to run as the same user you run WebInspect as and you should see your scans. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.