Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.. JayR
Frequent Visitor..

SQL Server error for WebInspect

Jump to solution

I am working to connect WebInspect to our SQL server.  The DBA setup a blank database named "WebInspect" and we have an SQL account that is set-up as the database owner.  However I am getting the error "WebInspect is not a valid scan database.  Choose another database."  Anyone know a solution for this issue?  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rohit_gemalto Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: SQL Server error for WebInspect

Jump to solution

My recommendation would be to use WIConfig tool to initialize the database. This would create a database in your server by itself.

What you need to know here is that webinspect creates the database as a schema containing all the tables required for it to work. Thus simply creating a database with name WebInspect is not going to work.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
2 Replies
rohit_gemalto Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

My recommendation would be to use WIConfig tool to initialize the database. This would create a database in your server by itself.

What you need to know here is that webinspect creates the database as a schema containing all the tables required for it to work. Thus simply creating a database with name WebInspect is not going to work.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Frequent Visitor.. JayR
Frequent Visitor..

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response.  That is basically what we ended up doing.  We were trying to avoid providing the SA entitlement for the app DBO account for the SQL cluster.  Per the manual this appeared as straight forward as we already had a dB created (empty) and just needed the tables/schema.  However after testing and working to accomplish the set-up we finally accepted that the account requires the SA entitlement to set-up SQL server, irrelevant of WebInspect documentation.  Once created (well less than a minute) the SA entitlement is then removed, leaving just the DBO privileges for the account.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.