Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

SSC 18.10 stopped honouring the issueFilters URL parameters

I found that I no longer can refer our developers to an OWASP Top 10 view of the findings because SSC 18.10 does not take issueFilters URL parameters into account, unlike its version 17 predecessors.  (This behaviour is still confusing as selecting the 10 OWASP Top 10 2017 categories from the Advanced... filter list results in the address bar receiving the issueFilters parameters.  These URL parameters no longer control the application).

Even in version 17 the parameters used to change after every database migration.  I wish a new version of SSC could bring the filter control back and simplify it to a human-readable format that does not change across database migrations, such as filter=OWASP_Top_10_2017_Web.

It would also be nice to have new parameters selecting an application and its "version" by names.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

If you haven't already, please report this regression by opening a support ticket, we can then pass that on to our R&D team.

As for links that take you to a specific named application version, please try out the following:

/ssc/flex/index.jsp?projectVersionName=YOUR_VERSION_HERE&projectName=YOUR_PROJECT_HERE

These are leftovers from the old flash based UI, but in recent versions they redirect to the appropriate application version page in the HTML UI.
If they're important to your workflow, please mention that to support also, and we can request a proper replacement in the new UI via an enhancement request

-Josh
Fortify L3 support engineer

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.