Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
sr_88 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Scan stuck in Auditing (HP Webinspect)

Hello, 

So the scanning has cralwed the application but it seems to be stuck in the Auditing portion of the scan. I took a look at the sequence URLs and it seems to be stuck in a login sequence. Is there a way to skip this particular URL so the scan can continiue? or any other fixes so that auditing can finish?

Also I'm able to see some network and Analysis traffic happening but auditing not moving. 

Thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Scan stuck in Auditing (HP Webinspect)

There is a Skip button found in the upper Toolbar area of the UI, next to the Pause/Resume buttons.  From the Help guide, "If an audit is in progress, skips to the next audit methodology. If a crawl is in progress, skips to the audit."  This will skip a little more than the current session or page, it will jump to the next attack class, but may still leverage those against the same session/page.

An alternative may be to Pause the scan, then deselect that session in the Site Tree pane.  You might also want to deselect the child branches under it using the right-click menu, or not.

I assume you already have a valid, working login macro and that the hang on the login sequence is probably based on a fuzzing engine delay or complication and not on a loss of session state.  Still, it's always good to verify the test login account is not locked out.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.