Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Scanning iOS from Windows

I have a Windows laptop that has Fortify installed however as I previously found out you must have xcode installed on a Mac to scan the code and that the xcode binaries need to be in your path.  My question being as I have absolutely no experience with Macs is how does everyone go about this?  Do you use Macs and map a windows drive to their xcode directory?  Do you create VMs with the Mac OS and xcode?  Do you install SCA on a Mac (this would be easiest)?

Any help in setting up whatever is needed to scan iOS code would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mike, as per the Compilers table in the doc, our iOS support uses the clang and llvm-gcc compilers. These are only available on Mac OS. As such, unfortunately it's not actually possible to scan iOS from Windows itself. You will need to either obtain a Mac and install SCA there or create a VM with Mac OS - although there's potentially legal issues with the second option. The Mac OS EULA states it must be run on Apple hardware.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.